Personal Wells & FWSC Service

We have received multiple questions about having a personal well and/or FWSC service. This is ultimately the landowner’s decision/preference. Some believe that FWSC has to approve a personal water well, this is incorrect. To have a personal well, the landowner would need to contact the Fayette County Groundwater Conservation District for more information.  The landowner can also have a personal well and FWSC service as long as there is a physical air gap between the two as required by state law. The two cannot be connected in any way due to possible backflow into FWSC’s system. Most people with both services use their personal well for outdoor watering and livestock and use FWSC in the house.